[mepr-active membership=”4147″ ifallowed=”show”]
You’re registered! Each family only needs to register for the conference once. You can see what you’ve signed up for at your profile page.
[mepr-active membership=”4147″ ifallowed=”hide”]
Only one registration per family is required. Meal options and sessions will require individual names for each attendee.
Reserve your places
Caregiver’s Night Out!
Saturday night will be Caregiver’s Night Out – come and spend some time with other foster parents from all over the state.
Meals will be available to purchase as usual but details will be finalized closer to the date . You can order any combination of Friday night, Saturday morning, Saturday lunch, Saturday night (for kids), Sunday morning. If you already booked meals for 2020, you’re on the list – it should show up in your account by the end of February.
Childcare will be available to be booked for each session of training and for Saturday night. If you already booked a spot for 2020, you’re on the list – it should show up in your account by the end of February. Costs and details will be finalized closer to the date.
For ease of bookmarking, the schedule is on a separate page.
Sessions that you have booked will be visible on your profile.
Great Wolf Lodge bookings
You must book your room directly with Great Wolf Lodge. FPAWS has reserved a large block of rooms, to get one of these you can use the code 2105FPAW – note that you must book before Tuesday, March 30th, 2021.
Great Wolf Lodge, Grand Mound WA
20500 Old Hwy 99 SW, Centralia, WA 98531
Conference questions: [email protected]
Great Wolf Lodge and room booking questions: [email protected]
Frequently Asked Questions
- What about covid?
We can’t make any guarantees – it is still possible that a new shutdown comes along and we have to cancel once more. We will follow all the laws and requirements of the governor, DCYF, the county and Great Wolf Lodge and we will expect all attendees to follow these to the best of their capability as well. Read Great Wolf Lodge new safety and social distancing requirements, including masks for all guests over 5 years old except while dining, outdoors at a distance from others or in the water park.
- Will foster parents all be able to be vaccinated before the conference?
No. Foster Parents/Kinship Caregivers over 50 years old are eligible to receive the covid vaccine now. Foster Parents and Kinship Caregivers under 50 years old will be eligible in Tier 1b4 – at current rates, it looks unlikely that this phase will begin before the conference.
- Is it safe to go if I’m not vaccinated?
Again, no guarantees. We hope that community spread will have significantly decreased by then, but this does fall into the CDC category of “highest risk gatherings” (a large group, indoors and not always able to be masked or 6 feet apart, from a widespread area). We understand that everyone has different levels of risk and risk tolerance, and encourage attendees to be aware of local infection and hospitalization rates in their community, and of any factors that increase their personal vulnerability. We trust all attendees to stay home if they have symptoms of covid or close contact with someone with covid. We will refund cancelled meal and child care bookings for anyone making last-minute cancellations for these reasons.
- When will bookings open? Bookings are open! Folks can book their rooms directly with Great Wolf Lodge now (using the conference booking code) and register for the conference starting
Monday 15th real soon nowThursday February 18th!
- What about Save Our Spot? Folks have saved their spots already for 2020, so we will not do a save our spot this year. (Save Our Spot normally starts in November.) For those who have a Save Our Spot code, you must confirm your booking by March 31 or the spot will be re-opened.
- Will people who booked for 2020 still have a booking for 2021? Yes – both the conference registration and any room bookings at Great Wolf Lodge will be carried forward.
- What if I already paid for kids camp? Your previous payment for Kids Camp is still good for GWL 2021.
- What if I didn’t already sign up for kids camp? We hope to open more spots but have to wait for more details on the available space.
- What kind of costs are there? Conference registration is free. Great Wolf Lodge offers a discounted room rate to attendees, we (FPAWS) charge folks at a discount for meals, and families pay for childcare.
- Where do the volunteers come from? The high school volunteer program is organized by Ashley Werner and her team. We have approx. 60 youth from high schools in the area. The volunteers stay at the Lodge or a local hotel. They run our Kids Camp program and help set up and take down for the conference. We also have volunteers helping with all sorts of behind-the-scenes activity: if you’re interested, tell us you’d like to volunteer through this form https://forms.gle/RwzsUmNFx3urzKp97