Couples are invited to take part in this research study to offer their perspectives on navigating foster parenthood and/or adoption experiences, including the motivations and decisions involved in pursuing parenthood. The information will be used to gain a better understanding of trans-parented families.
To qualify, participants must meet the following criteria:
- currently be in a relationship and living with their partner,
- at least one parent must identify as trans*,
- the couple must reside in the United States,
- the couple must be foster parenting, be currently pursuing adoption, or have adopted through a U.S. foster care/adoption institution, and
- both parents must be actively involved in parenting a child(ren) younger than age 18.
- Note: eligible participants may include anyone identifying under the “trans umbrella”; this includes (and is not limited to) participants who are agender, genderfluid, genderqueer, gender nonconforming, nonbinary, transgender, or transsexual.
There will be one interview with each couple conducted online via Zoom. It is expected that each interview will last around 90 minutes in duration. Participants will be individually paid in the form of a $50 digital Amazon gift card for their participation.
** Note: You are encouraged to practice behaviors to protect your privacy during this study. Encouraged behaviors include closing your web browsers after completing any surveys, avoiding the use of public devices when possible, and finding a private location where you complete the interview.*
For more information contact Maya Bartel via call or text at (515) 329-4139 or via email at [email protected].
If you are interested in applying or learning more please visit the research page CLICK HERE