To whom it may concern:
I am writing this letter of support for FPAWS and the outstanding work they have done in the past and continue to do. FPAWS is quite simply an organization that supports and advocates for ALL foster parents. The support FPAWS gives is broad:
- Advocating and achieving foster parent compensation increase
- Helping establish 1624 – giving a voice to foster parents statewide
- Providing relevant training for foster parents
- Establishing and staffing a support line for foster parents
- Conducting statewide conferences for foster parents and DCYF – pulling people together
- Working in Olympia to educate legislators
- Advocacy and support with DCYF and LD
FPAWS is a unique agency whose advocacy is child centered and strength based. It is true that FPAWS is a support to foster parents, but also grounded in”best practice” for children. Having the approach allows FPAWS to meet foster parent where they are and help them strengthen and improve practice.
By working with foster parents and those who support and oversee them FPAWS is critically important to our state foster care system.
I am truly thankful for FPAWS and all they are doing for our state.
Community and Family Services Foundation