The volunteer board of directors of The Foster Parents Association of Washington (FPAWS) has been working toward becoming a state of the art support and advocacy organization representing your voice at the Regional, State and National levels.
Some of the areas that we are currently focused on are:
- Assuring your voice is heard by the people that can make change in the system.
- Legislative action around laws that impact out of home care
- Centralizing a system to capture the concerns of caregivers to provide data to help direct the focus of the HB 1624 Foster Parent Consultation Team
- Foster care phone line for comprehensive resource, referral and information sharing (1-800-391-2273)
- Serving on a variety of Children’s Administration committees and work groups
- FPAWS Board Regional Representatives can be utilized as a local resource for collaboration, fundraising and advocacy efforts
- FPAWS meetings in each region to bring together local resource providers, to share information with caregivers, as well as offer training hours
- Development of a comprehensive resource web site
- Collaboration with Washington Federation of State Employees
- Collaboration with the National Foster Parent Association to bring your voice to the national level